The Body Shop Fitness Center has been serving the Rehoboth Beach community since 1989. Kristan Trugman has been a member of the Body Shop Fitness Center for seven years and is one of Bruce Clayton’s triathlon clients.
Member name: Kristan Trugman
1. How long have you lived in the area?
2. What is your favorite thing about life at the beach?
“Swimming in open water with my swimming buddies in the ocean.”
3. What is your favorite thing about your business/profession?
“I’m retired so my favorite thing is to do what I want. I retired from the Federal Government in Communications/Social Media.
4. Why have you incorporated fitness into your life?
“I started running in 8th grade and have been back to it all my life. I started horseback riding and swimming when I started doing triathlons five years ago. Exercise clears my head and fitness goals (runs and triathlons) keep me going.
5. When did you start training at The Body Shop?
“Seven years ago! My favorite Body Shop class is ‘Beach Boot Camp’ where we train on the ocean.
6. Favorite health tip to share:
“Mostly As I get older, I recognize that moving is so important – be it running, swimming, horseback riding, walking, weight training, fitness classes, stretching.
“I equate The Body Shop to fitness club ‘Cheers’ – where everyone knows your name. It’s a real community of all shapes and sizes. It’s a non-judgmental environment with great support and always encouragement.